Author Topic: Piece by Piece conspiracy  (Read 1089 times)

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Piece by Piece conspiracy
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:06:22 PM »
So Domino Records said Piece by Piece is not being released on vinyl, which is really weird (and also sad because only 2 singles from the new album released on vinyl kind of sucks)…

But that’s also an opportunity for a B-side that could have been released gone, which now means songs that have been announced and haven’t been released are:

• Ghost Rider
  • Strange Weather (with David Byrne)
  • Untitled song (with Marianne Faithfull)
  • Untitled song (with Rob Ellis, Terry Edwards and Kate St. John)
  • + possibly more recordings from New York…?

I wonder what the reason is that all this new music has been announced then never released. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe an EP is going to be released or something, because why else would they announce and then not release these songs…

wild_corgi

• View Profile
Re: Piece by Piece conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 08:04:40 PM »
Good question... but perhaps if they are all releaed they won't be Anna releases.

I mean, I could easily see the Faithfull and Byrne songs turning up on their records. Both of them have released collaborations in the past.

I do hope the recordings that have been announced make it through the Anna quality control process - she seems quite strict on that, what with her comments about rejecting songs. Outside chance but maybe the unnamed collaboration w Ellis (frex) is Anna experimenting w recording The Next Record in small bursts when n as rather than holing up in a studio for months.

Or maybe its a side project thats still in the experimental stage n which gets culled.

jareed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 05:17:20 PM »
Maybe i'm reading too much into this, but at least they said it's not being released on vinyl, and not "it's not being released" end of sentence.

Drowned in Sound actually have it listed as a single this week but I don't know what that means in any sort of official capacity. They could have just seen the date somewhere else and assumed it was out vs Domino sending them some sort of official release

Maybe it'll be a digital only release?

wild_corgi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »
There you go, using logic in a thread with "conspiracy" in the title ...

It does seem odd they did the video n everything - so why cancel the release totally?

Oh wait just read Molly's post ... maybe if Rob Ellis's tweet us right n the track he recorded w Anna was rejected then that could have been the b side n no B side could mean no vinyl release.

well unless she did a cover of John Cage's  4.33 ...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:11:30 PM by wild_corgi »