Author Topic: One Breath now the dust has settled  (Read 5933 times)

Petefrombristol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: One Breath now the dust has settled
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2014, 09:34:12 PM »
Let’s be strangers in the night
You know that when you live with someone, after a few years the passion can decrease. This verse means the she asks to Basil to treat her like a stranger. She wants to come back to the early months of their relationships.
The rest was silence there was no reply
Of course, Basil can't speak. But sometimes love don't needs words.

I love this theory. I also like Wild Corgi's origami avatar

Elisa

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2014, 01:40:59 AM »
Wild Corgi avatar picture always scares me.
It remind me of a PS3 game called <a href="http://Heavy Rain" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://Heavy Rain</a>.
Sorry OT.
"Had I not seen the Sun, I could have borne the shade. But Light a newer Wilderness my Wilderness has made."
                                                 Emily Dickinson

wild_corgi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2014, 07:36:23 AM »
A PS3 game called what?? I have to know now! Maybe  I should get somethinng fluffier?

Elisa

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2014, 08:45:48 AM »
Heavy Rain. Something went wrong with my post.
It's the most disturbing game I've ever finished, and it's about "the origami killer".
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fMK6sTnMxBI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fMK6sTnMxBI</a>
"Had I not seen the Sun, I could have borne the shade. But Light a newer Wilderness my Wilderness has made."
                                                 Emily Dickinson

wild_corgi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2014, 07:49:26 PM »
See, to the eye of somebody who hasn't played that game, it looks sorta cool - a cross between Sin City and Blade Runner.

< is that better?

Not sure how we get this back OT except to muse on Film Noir, Noir generally, and noirish atmospheres - like those of Strange Weather.   I mean, I know One Breath can be quite dark, but not in quite the same way.  Perhaps because even the most obsessive parts of the record, even those to do with animalistic lust, are balanced with something that's more light - the end of Love of My Life feels like it's coming out of that phantasmagoria of devouring lust into relative sanity. 

Elisa

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2014, 12:54:22 PM »
This dog is amazing. But I'm sad that you had to change your beautiful avatar because of my bad experience with a depressing PS game.

BTW, about One Breath, I also love the chiaroscuro in this record. Anna said the she wanted to show the contrasts.
This has meant that the album is a little bit schizophrenic and eclectic. Usually I prefer more homogeneous works, but OB is a bright exception.
                                                 Emily Dickinson

wild_corgi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2014, 08:38:12 PM »
No worries, it was time for a change anyway.

Yes I like the chiaroscuro too.  You get so used to it, you forget about it. And then you miss it in other people's records!!

substandardnerd

• Mollusc wedding planner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2014, 02:29:08 PM »
Released 1 year ago today. I'm have a special celebratory listen! :)