Author Topic: Anna Calvi & Orchestra in Cologne, Dec. '15  (Read 4067 times)

Louise

• My bark may be worse than my bite
    • View Profile
Anna Calvi & Orchestra in Cologne, Dec. '15
« on: July 19, 2015, 09:23:13 PM »
Yippieee, that's what I call a great Christmas gift to come :D

http://www1.wdr.de/radio/orchester/funkhausorchester/konzerte/anna-calvi-104.html

It's the orchestra of the West German Radio and TV station and conductor is again Jules Buckley.
Mox nox.

Josh93

• View Profile
Re: Anna Calvi & Orchestra in Cologne, Dec. '15
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 09:26:40 PM »
Oooooooh my god. so great!!!

wild_corgi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 10:38:47 PM »
Dear Santa

^ please can i have no guests and a DVD and bugger world peace for this year thank you

Wild Corgi

Louise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 10:51:00 PM »
Well, that's quite a list, good luck that Santa will come over with the package ;).

I'm humble, I just said: "Santa, bring me Anna Calvi for Christmas, that's all", and you see it works, he's already starting with his preparations :P.
Mox nox.

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 02:22:08 PM »
It has just been announced that this concert has been cancelled !

This is after a lot of us have booked flights, hotels ,  tickets etc.   

We can cancel the hotels , but we will all lose a lot of money on flights which are not refundable.

This is absolutely disgraceful , and we would like to know who is responsible for the cancellation ?

THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT LOYAL FANS  !!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:39:09 PM by Michael G »

Louise

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 04:45:04 PM »
Very disappointing news  :'(, but I'm not giving up hope on a replacement show.
It's really annoying, why was the gig cancelled AFTER the tickets went on sale, why did the responisible people not think of the fans who come from abroad and have to plan all things ahead? This is thoughtless behaviour, but I still hope the blame is not on Anna, but mayne the conductor can't meet to his commitment or whatever.

C'mon Anna, don't spoil Christmas and give us another date, be a good Santa Claus :P
Mox nox.

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 05:58:40 PM »
We have found out that the gig was cancelled by Anna Calvi,  or more likely, her useless, amateurish management.

A lot of us will be at the Southbank next week, and we would be very grateful if Hiroki or any of the Giant Men ( ha, ha, ha  ! ) could come and explain to us why we have all wasted over £100 each on air flights, etc  , due to his incompetence.

But I doubt he has the balls !!!

Louise

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
I'd not be surprised to hear that he booked venue, orchestra and conductor without waiting for Anna's OK.

Yes, I agree, I'm sure he'll hide away cowardly from the fans, but maybe you'll get the chance to meet Anna and ask her what's happened. She'll  be concerned and certainly not indifferent to her fans' inconveniences of losing much money.
Mox nox.

Petefrombristol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »
I'm seriously disappointed about this.  We've lost money,but more importantly we've been seriously disappointed. More important than that, I think, is the possibility that something's wrong with Anna. Yes, maybe there's been a break down of communications between her and Hiroki. However, if this is because he went ahead and booked Cologne and the Orchestra without her approval, then it still seems very strange that she should wait until this week before pulling out. Maybe, after the venue etc was booked, Anna decided to pull out - some time before the tickets went on sale - but for some reason that decision didn't reach the people selling them. If so, why? Who knows? More to the point, perhaps, is the question of why Anna should have pulled the plug. 

I'll be at Meltdown  next week, but I am loath to jump to conclusions about Hiroki's culpability in this. It might be all his fault, but equally it might not. It could have been a big communications break down between Anna's people and the Cologne venue; it could have been Anna acting up and flying off the peg without considering the consequences, or it could have been something else, something quite different. I am still very keen to give Anna the benefit of the doubt, however.

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 08:32:11 AM »
Yes Peter
   I entirely agree that there must have been some misunderstanding or mix up.
  Anna has always treated her fans with the  greatest  courtesy and respect, this is no way typical.
  But at the end of the day 20 + of her most loyal and ardent fans have been left deeply disappointed and lost money.
   I really think that we are owed some explanation as to why this happened.
   As you say , we will still give Anna the benefit of doubt, and I am sure the reason for the cancellation will become clear in due course. 
    But I suspect that this is just another example of Hiroki's abysmal management, she really needs to get to grips with this problem.
    This is completely out of character for Anna, and I hope there are not more serious underlying problems.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:57:22 AM by Michael G »

Petefrombristol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »
I am sure that we will get an explanation, and it may be one that completely exonerates Hiroki - who knows? Like you, I'm rather concerned that there might be an underlying problem with Anna.

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 01:00:39 PM »
Dear fans,

It has come to our unfortunate attention that a fake Anna Calvi show in Cologne on 11 December had been advertise by WDR.

This show was never booked by the artist, agent, management or anyone else associated with the artist, and investigation and legal proceedings are under way for WDR's criminal act.

Regretfully we have been informed that some fans have already purchased tickets and organised travel for this show. Can those that have been affected please contact Anna's management: hiroki@giantmenmanagement.com

Regards,
ACHQ

This has just been posted on AC Facebook site.   
  This is totally bizarre !

Louise

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 02:17:50 PM »
Oh my God, maybe this means this WDR site had been hacked by frauds who installed a fake gig advertisement in order to cash in on fans buying fake tickets? But don't they ever check their site at the WDR? They should have seen the fake ad and immediately remove it and warn people. Also, why of all artists they chose Anna Calvi as bait? Very strange.

Right now I feel terrible and guilty, because I found this site first and put it in here with the consequence that many of you booked flights, hotels and bought "tickets".  It looked totally real and I was just happy, not at all thinking that this was maybe just the work of some rotten and evil person(s).
I'm really very, very sorry I fell for this.

Hopefully Anna's management can help with legal actions to get the money back.
And apologies to Hiroki for thinking he messed it up.
Mox nox.

Petefrombristol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »
Oh my God, maybe this means this WDR site had been hacked by frauds who installed a fake gig advertisement in order to cash in on fans buying fake tickets? But don't they ever check their site at the WDR? They should have seen the fake ad and immediately remove it and warn people. Also, why of all artists they chose Anna Calvi as bait? Very strange.

Right now I feel terrible and guilty, because I found this site first and put it in here with the consequence that many of you booked flights, hotels and bought "tickets".  It looked totally real and I was just happy, not at all thinking that this was maybe just the work of some rotten and evil person(s).
I'm really very, very sorry I fell for this.

Hopefully Anna's management can help with legal actions to get the money back.
And apologies to Hiroki for thinking he messed it up.

Louise: please don't for a moment think this, because I am sure that nobody else is, and I'm certainly not. I don't think that WDR has been the victim of hackers: this has been on their site for some time, and bonfire ticket sellers were also involved. No, I think it more likely that there has been some sort of 'misunderstanding' between the WDR and Anna's management. I also think that,given thatthisis a public site, in that anyone can read our comments, this is probably not a good place for us to speculate on what might actually have happened.

Please Louise,just to reiterate, none of this is in any way your fault, and you sincerely intended to do all of us avert great service by bringing this to our attention.

Petefrombristol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 02:36:25 PM »
Sorry - I meant bona fide rather than bonfire ticket sellers! Damn spellcheck, and really sorry not to have checked this in time. Actually, bonfire ticket sellers conjures up some rather interesting images ....