Author Topic: Ezra Furman  (Read 1592 times)

Petefrombristol

• View Profile
Ezra Furman
« on: August 01, 2015, 06:38:50 PM »
Anna mentioned him recently in an interview, in the same breath as Perfume Genius. I dipped into Ezra Furman's latest album but didn't really get it; then I tried again, and loved it! He's a really interesting writer, I think, and the music ranges - I think - from early rock and roll (almost bubblegum) to much more contemporary, indie-gothicky etc. but all through there are some rather deep, dark lyrics.  Anyway, I'm off to see him in Bristol in November, should be good!

By the way, I'm sorry if you've all been following this guy for years, or are related to him etc - I'm SO out of touch!

Riverrun

• View Profile
Re: Ezra Furman
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 10:44:29 PM »
I have to say that I didn't get into Ezra Furman's latest album; might give it another go based on what you say.
Perfume Genius in another matter entirely; like his 2012 album in particular.
As for being out of touch, I read somewhere recently that there have been over 10,000 CDs released so far this year - so don't be too hard on yourself!

Petefrombristol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 11:44:19 PM »
Thanks Riverrun! Put like that I won't beat myself up about it!

substandardnerd

• Mollusc wedding planner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:49:15 AM »
He's brilliant! I love him! I was late to the party too though only discovering him at the End of the Road festival last year. His latest album is very high on my list of favourites so far this year.

He's superb live so you are in for a treat Pete! :)

twobreaths

• SURFBOARt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 11:51:34 PM »
I listened to his new album PPMP once after Anna recommended it, but I don't particularly like nor dislike it... Although I think it's interesting that he is a lot more popular in the UK than he is in the US.

I also prefer Perfume Genius' album/style, at least right now  :P

Petefrombristol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 08:11:21 AM »
I listened to his new album PPMP once after Anna recommended it, but I don't particularly like nor dislike it... Although I think it's interesting that he is a lot more popular in the UK than he is in the US.

I also prefer Perfume Genius' album/style, at least right now  :P

Maybe keep at it Twobreaths- Ezra F took me a while ....