Author Topic: Festival du Chant de Marin - Paimpol, France - August 14th, 2015  (Read 1927 times)

Michael G

• View Profile
Re: Festival du Chant de Marin - Paimpol, France - August 14th, 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 10:27:15 PM »
Thanks again AC for continuing to   get all this information together , whilst the rest of us are trying to sort out the rather bewildering situation we have found ourselves  in over our Cologne trip  ;)

em

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 12:10:31 AM »
thanks again, ac!

she is so glorious in every way.

twobreaths

• SURFBOARt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 07:13:56 AM »
Downloaded using VideoDownloadHelper on Firefox.  :-*
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqoxo4ejem45jr6/Le%20Festival%20des%20Chants%20Marins.flv?dl=0

I also like this interview where she talks about her Ocean Drama by Charles Vickery painting and her love for the Dorset coast (again).
http://www.ouest-france.fr/chant-de-marin-paimpol-anna-calvi-un-festival-romantique-3618840

English Translation (by google translate):
The British singer will visit the Festival of Paimpol Friday night. She is very attached to the French public, the first to have enjoyed her music.

What place does the sea have in your music?

Even if the sea is not present in most of my songs, I composed a guitar piece called "Rider to the Sea," which was inspired by a painting of the sea possessed my grandfather. The sea is a powerful force that can become a source of inspiration and creativity. I like the sound of flags that flutter in the wind on ships, it is impossible to describe but it's very moving.

Why the Sea Shanty Festival in Paimpol?
I find the idea of a festival centered on the sea very romantic. I am very happy to be part of. It's always nice to have a beautiful environment when you're on stage. It changes festivals where it's just on a stage in a field. Playing in a port really give another dimension to the concert and I look forward to it.

Have you ever came to Brittany?
Yes I went to Dinan and Quiberon, it was really beautiful. It made me think of the Dorset coast in the southwest of England which is quiet and the beaches are really beautiful. I do not know Paimpol at all and look forward to come here and find out. I try to visit as much as possible before and after my concert.

What would you like to convey to your audience during your concerts?
I want to give people the opportunity to escape, even if it is only for a moment, to forget themselves and what is happening in their life. I hope to make them feel passion for music through the strength that I release in my performance. The French public has always been very kind to me throughout my career. France is the first place that really understood what I was doing and the direction of my music. I did concerts throughout France, it is one of my favorite places to play.

Riverrun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 10:33:49 AM »
Thanks, twobreaths. Interesting interview.

Louise

• My bark may be worse than my bite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 08:09:37 PM »
Thanks a lot for translating this, twobreaths :).
Mox nox.