Author Topic: Anna's Gear  (Read 13385 times)

Louise

• My bark may be worse than my bite
    • View Profile
Re: Anna's Gear
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 09:59:13 PM »
Thanks, anika! Well, what kind of sounds can be created with it, is it as the name suggests a kind of jazz guitar? Sorry, I'm a total idiot in terms of guitars   ::).
Mox nox.

Louise

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 10:20:53 PM »
Hi Michael!

Thanks! Sounds very interesting : "unique and quirky ". It's exciting to think that we're going to hear very different and new guitar sounds from Anna.
Mox nox.

wild_corgi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 11:06:08 PM »
(J Macsis err, hangon that's Dinosaur Jr guy, so 1990s indy rock, gain, feedback, distortion .... ) + Anna =  brainsplody moment.

Well, if that's what Anna's playing on the new record, then compared to the Telecaster that was in the "my new record sounds nothing like this" photo ... we can't say we weren't warned.  Bring it on.

ETA
Seems like we've all been checking this out! IIRC it's a pretty versatile guitar, can do mellow/jazzy or soak up reverb or go punky.   Yeah I can see the attraction if you're good, which I am not.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 11:22:38 PM by wild_corgi »

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 04:44:06 PM »
 This is the sort of sound Anna will be able to create with this guitar

With a 90,s Indie grunge guitar  and Anna , s new hoodie  look, this could be the start of a new image and sound for Anna this year !   Courtney Love  has a rival !

If this guitar is handed to Anna onstage at Brighton, we could be in for a suprise .

Louise

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 08:41:40 PM »
Sounds really cool! Though I don't think it will be the start of a new image for Anna, I guess she's simply exploring new areas and experimenting with new sounds to bring in more variation .
And don't get deceived by her hoodie look: "...sounds nothing like the way this looks."  ;)
Mox nox.

David Watts

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 05:10:28 PM »
Many thanks for this great thread. I was really curious about her effects.

It is really confusing to find out that she has no delay pedal in the chain. I was 100% sure she uses one.

BTW, why no love for her beautiful AC30?

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 06:34:45 PM »
Hi David.
  Welcome to the forum.  I hope you will join in the discussions.
   I always think Anna,s red Vox is her trademark.  Whenever I go to an AC concert, the first thing I look for is the red amp  and Mally,s harmonium.  Then we know we are in for a terrific time .  :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:41:53 PM by Michael G »

amnis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 09:17:15 PM »

This time the subject isn't her beautiful red VOX AC30, but that thing on top of it... I guess it's a Mice Catcher 2000, black longhair edition.  ;)

Louise

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 02:17:30 PM »
Wow, lucky Anna, all this impressive new gear: new guitar, pimped up multi-functional amp with purr-effect. I wonder what's next?  :P.
Mox nox.