Author Topic: Domino Records filing copyright claims against fan-filmed Anna videos.  (Read 5695 times)

substandardnerd

• Mollusc wedding planner
    • View Profile
Re: Rant
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 12:31:36 AM »
This is not good at all.

One of my friends has a very popular gig video channel with 1000s of videos and has had it suspended a few times and always managed to get it back. I'll ask him of he has any tips to share. Sometimes labels and the like just have overzealous new staff or bots that file claims that they shouldn't.

I've made the AC videos on my channel private for now to reduce the likelihood of them being found.

I agree with everyone that enthusiastic fans are the best promotion an artist can have!

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 10:35:04 AM »
Just to reinforce the points that have been made  over the importance of fans support.

Our coverage of Anna's concert at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam in June is very nearly the highest read post on this forum.   We have had over 4900 page views of this.

This was a concert which neither Domino, nor Anna,s useless management , could be bothered to promote, or get any press coverage of.
  This has been the pattern throughout the summer with Anna '  s  concerts being given no support at all.
 A lot of us saw Anna's brilliant performance at Blackheath , but once again there has been no media coverage.

All Anna,s   Facebook site seem capable of,  is an absolutely pathetic post, trying to push a load of tat from the merchandise store, which obviously nobody is buying.

We are all doing our best on here to support Anna, whilst her management and Domino do absolutely nothing !

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 05:44:21 PM »
Thank you for the links!

This so sad. This youtube account had most of the HQ Anna videos on it (I'm sure you know the one it had about 4 or 5 videos from a lot of Anna's shows around Europe). All gone :(

RIP the cute video of the solo show of Foxy Lady etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Bambushirse

Many of my other favourite videos from other channels have been deleted now too :( I'm worried all fan videos will be gone soon.

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Domino Records filing copyright claims against fan-filmed Anna videos.
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »
I don't know if it just Anna videos or all their artists videos.

wild_corgi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 08:26:28 PM »
At the risk of ending up in the doghouse, instead of Stately Corgi Manor, I do have versions of Foxy Lady and so on from the solo shows.

However, Mistah Chipz  ... he sick.

So I am "persuading" a friend to zip stuff for me, and will take advice on how best to share it.  Please PM me with your brilliant ideas.

Edited to add: purely in the interests of research, I am trying to look at other Domino artists' videos on YT. The snag is, I don't know which ones would have had massive numbers of videos to cull: Arctic Monkeys, but that's a week of my life gone there. Austra? Bill Ryder-Jones? Wild Beasts?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:33:18 PM by wild_corgi »

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 08:38:08 PM »
Robarticus did share his George Solo show videos with us a few weeks ago .
Performances   :   Foxy Lady/ No more words.  The George Tavern . 8thFebuary 2014

Though I remember there was a whole series on Youtube which I wish I had saved. 
  The MP3 rips of these are in the videos folders link I provided .

Just checked and some of the MP4 videos are there as well in Anna Calvi George MP3

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7QcUIjp39P4N3lvazRveFMzNG8&usp=sharing
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:46:36 PM by Michael G »

wild_corgi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 08:44:22 PM »
I think I may have saved those you know ...

Louise

• My bark may be worse than my bite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 08:45:04 PM »
Yes, those artists you've listed are all with Domino, as far as I know.

And you'll certainly end in a luxurious corgi manor if you'll manage to share the solo shows, though in terms of brilliant ideas I'm totally the wrong person to ask....so doghouse for me, woof.
Mox nox.

AC

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 09:00:31 PM »
- maybe Foxy Lady, too, by any chance?

Brussels and/or George Tavern?

Louise

• My bark may be worse than my bite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 09:39:25 PM »
- maybe Foxy Lady, too, by any chance?

Brussels and/or George Tavern?

Brussels, if possible.
Mox nox.

MrCricket

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »
Careful guys. Domino will surely shut this site down if we discuss Anna's music publicly. Their myopia continues to astound me.

Do they genuinely have a problem with fan led promotion? Are we muscling in on their turf? I'm wondering what we can proactively do to at least get a response from them. Any ideas?

vonioje

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 10:19:38 PM »
This is crazy!! I've just ran to check my youtube but phew, it's still there (and if you are reading this, all-mighty-Domino, don't you dare!)

speaking of, anybody got "Strange weather" with Patrick from Amsterdam?  ???

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 12:18:46 AM »
A quick look at Youtube will show that a huge amount of the best videos of Anna,s performances have been removed.
  Whatever are they trying to achieve ?    These are the very videos that would encourage prospective fans to go and see her.
   Domino and her management do nothing to promote or advertise Anna .

The majority of people that you speak to, have never heard of Anna Calvi, how is restricting access to her work going to help her ?
   Absolute madness. :(

Riverrun

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 10:46:14 AM »
There is something very strange about all this. I would have thought with the technology available now that Domino could have suspended all Anna Calvi related YouTube videos in one go, so why selection of individuals' videos?
I have 23 videos of Anna (if Domino weren't aware of this they are now) on YouTube but each one I have backed-up.
Some of my videos are the only ones (that I know of) of that particular gig (Edinburgh, NCH Dublin 2014 and 2015,  3 Arena Dublin 2014, Vicar Street 2014). I have videos of Foxy Lady from Brighton plus Anna's first live performances of "Dreams" also at Brighton. Plus the best version I've seen Anna do anywhere of Suzanne and I at Vicar Street 2014.
Let me know if you want copies of any of these. I'll burn them onto DVDs (if possible) and maybe give them to you at a future gig, or someway.

AC

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2015, 12:57:46 PM »
2014-03-24 - Huis 23 - Brussels, Belgium

- Foxy lady - https://vid.me/z6AY

anybody got "Strange weather" with Patrick from Amsterdam?  ???

Me. I can upload it tomorrow.  :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:39:11 PM by AC »