Author Topic: Anna Calvi . Live At Meltdown . 2017 RSD release  (Read 1543 times)

Michael G

• View Profile
Anna Calvi . Live At Meltdown . 2017 RSD release
« on: April 22, 2017, 05:36:13 PM »

The recording of Anna's 2015  Meltdown  concert at The Southbank Centre was released today for RSD 2017 on  Vinyl. 
  Limited to 750 copies and on double 180 gram vinyl.
   I queued up today for an hour, and it was well worth it.... The recording and sound are very high quality, and obviously came straight off the mixing desk.   

This is a great reminder for those of us who were there on the night, whilst we wait patiently for the new album.

AC

• View Profile
Re: Anna Calvi . Live At Meltdown . 2017 RSD release
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 07:47:18 PM »
I really hated that "Fire", "No more words" and  "Jezebel" were not included.

Anyway, I'm anxious to download the mp3s  :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:10:36 PM by AC »

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 10:51:38 PM »
I expect as there is a physical limit of 40- 45 minutes on a vinyl LP, choices had to be made on what to include, and leave out.
Personally I would have preferred  that ' No More Words' had been on there, rather than Strange Weather  !!

As  a lot of Anna fans have been unable to buy the limited edition album... Here is a link to the MP3 version..

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7QcUIjp39P4ZmZyX1FtaERLYUE?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:53:47 PM by Michael G »

AC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 01:23:44 AM »
Thank you very much, Michael!

wild_corgi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 08:18:10 PM »
I too would trade Strange Weather for No More Words any day of the week.  But I can see how DB might think otherwise.

Yup I too stood outside on cobbles, behind two hipsters snuffling and snorting like walruses ... they were after something from The Cure, which apparently sold out in the first five seconds.  Not that I am mean like that, or anything.

What a good concert this was. Off to listen to it, again.

Petefrombristol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 09:58:59 AM »
Thanks for posting the MP3 link. Maybe it would be good if those who haven't had a chance to buy the record but who have downloaded the MP3 version donated (if they can afford it) something to charity in return? Just a thought.

By the way, I think that it's  a really good recording, despite the obvious omissions.

hypnos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 09:45:56 PM »
The whole album is such a fantastic work of art, especially the red of the vinyl is so intense and powerful, it's the perfect color!!! Also the picture inside is just beautiful! The sound is clear, Anna's voice is top and the arrangements work really well. I love it  :D :D :D
It's a pity they had to leave out some of the songs, they could have included them in the digital download, though  ::)

Enjoy,
Claudia

WolfLikeHer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 08:35:45 AM »
just a heads-up - Domino still have limited stock of the red vinyl on their website (as of 5th may)

dogandclowns

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 07:40:48 PM »
LIVE AT MELTDOWN!
A new FANTASTIC item added on my ANNA CALVI site: Discography-Album: http://annacalvi.altervista.org/albums/