Author Topic: Anna will release a cover of Suicide's 'Ghost Rider'  (Read 2828 times)

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Anna will release a cover of Suicide's 'Ghost Rider'
« on: November 26, 2013, 02:53:46 PM »

This should make for an interesting cover.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XGLJoXpKo4U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XGLJoXpKo4U</a>

Hugo and I thought Matt should be her drummer, so this is a weird coincidence.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:08:36 PM by moulinette »

electriclight

• View Profile
Re: Anna will release a cover of Suicide's 'Ghost Rider'
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 09:06:23 PM »
I wonder if Anna will be singing out of her range, like she kind of was at the start of Fire. I'm not sure how to feel about what my mother so kindly calls her "drag queen voice" (best example: some live versions of Love Won't Be Leaving hehe). In one sense it adds to the atmosphere/darkness of a song, but on the other I think 'please Anna, why don't you just sing in your natural range?'.

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 09:18:18 PM »
I wonder if Anna will be singing out of her range, like she kind of was at the start of Fire. I'm not sure how to feel about what my mother so kindly calls her "drag queen voice" (best example: some live versions of Love Won't Be Leaving hehe). In one sense it adds to the atmosphere/darkness of a song, but on the other I think 'please Anna, why don't you just sing in your natural range?'.

I hope she doesn't. I think it would suit the range she sings in for LOML.

MrCricket

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 10:21:22 PM »
I'm intrigued about this. The original was two bob, but Anna can, to quote a Scottish football manager "make honey oota shite". I reckon it'll be pretty downbeat though.

Lady Tchaikovsky

• View Profile
    • Cloaca Maxima
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 10:42:25 PM »
I don't like that song (and band) at all, but then I can't stand TV on the Radio's Wolf Like Me, whereas Anna's cover I love. There's a good chance I'll enjoy this one too, because there's only one song of hers that I don't like, so she's never really disappointed me.

Haha don't worry, my Dad said Anna "sings like an old, miserable woman," so there you go... I think I've said that already. And my Mom refuses to give her opinion on Anna except that her music is "entirely acceptable." Seems like it's not her cup of tea. Shame.

I'm intrigued about this. The original was two bob, but Anna can, to quote a Scottish football manager "make honey oota shite". I reckon it'll be pretty downbeat though.
So true, haha

MrCricket

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 10:47:30 PM »
My parents quite like her!

Which song don't you like Sandra?

PLan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 10:59:41 PM »
My parents like her too. OK, I made them a bit... ha ha..., but they will actually go to one of her next year's gig

electriclight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 11:03:43 PM »
Lol I think Molly should share what her family thinks about Anna.

My mother's main contribution in terms of an opinion on Anna is that she likes to sing along to Eliza really badly and ruin the song if I ever put it on.

Petefrombristol

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 11:25:01 PM »
Ann, my wife, thinks that Anna sounds like a brassy pub singer. Ann and I get on really well, have been married since God was young, but don't, I think it's clear, share all the same musical tastes.

Lady Tchaikovsky

• View Profile
    • Cloaca Maxima
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 11:34:30 PM »
We should probably make a thread about our family and friend's opinions of Anna. ;D

My parents quite like her!

Which song don't you like Sandra?

That shall remain a secret!

electriclight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 11:48:50 PM »
We should probably make a thread about our family and friend's opinions of Anna. ;D

Good idea. I'll do that now if you like :)

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 11:55:26 PM »
Lol I think Molly should share what her family thinks about Anna.

They think Anna is the devil.

:'(

Good idea. I'll do that now if you like :)

Mhmm, make it!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:57:37 PM by moulinette »

Petefrombristol

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 12:00:35 AM »
Getting back to this forthcoming cover: I don't want to alarm any Springsteen-phobics among us, but The Boss is a fan of Suicide, and Ghost Rider clearly "influenced" State Trooper off the Nebraska album (which, by the way, while bleak and seemingly recorded in Bruce's bathroom, is one of the classic albums, in my opinion) in the sense that he more or less lifted the riff and the sound pretty much wholesale (!), and what with this, and Anna's cover of Fire, now included in her stage set, it must only be a matter of time before she records ... well, Born to Cycle? Born in Twickenham?

MrCricket

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 12:47:59 AM »
Not dancing in the dark?

Petefrombristol

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 09:28:21 PM »
Not dancing in the dark?

So you haven't seen the video of Anna performing Dancing in the Dark while dancing on stage with Courtney Cox? Of course, there was a total Blackout* so you can't see anything.

* now wouldn't that be a good title for a song?