Author Topic: Anna's Almanac: predictions for 2014  (Read 1001 times)

Petefrombristol

• View Profile
Anna's Almanac: predictions for 2014
« on: December 30, 2013, 05:11:37 PM »
I've polished up an oversize frozen pea until I can see my reflection in it and found that it doubles as a crystal ball. Here are some prognostications that resulted (does anyone have any other messages from the future?):

March: Now that Anna has recorded a cover of a Springsteen song, and both she and Bruce have apparently covered Suicide songs, it is announced that Anna will be supporting The Boss on the next leg of his world tour; she's reportedly willing to contradict her earlier declaration against playing stadiums "because it's Bruce"

April: Mally learns how to play the glass harmonica [see below]

May: After the number of Anna's ex-drummers threatens to match the number of former members of The Fall (i.e. half of Manchester), Anna takes delivery of a drum machine

June: Anna makes her producing debut with Courtney Barnett's second album, for which she also supplies the title: "A Sea of Frozen Peas"; it's sponsored by Iceland (the frozen food chain store, I think, although Björk does make a guest appearance on spoons)

July: Mally learns how to play the trombone

September: Mally learns how to play the double bass.

November: tragic freak accident on-stage as during a rendition of Love Won't be Leaving Mally attempts to play all of her instruments at once and slightly implodes.

December: Anna's cover of Santa Baby [see below] becomes surprise Christmas Number One.

emilia

• View Profile
Re: Anna's Almanac: predictions for 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:52:47 PM »
May: After the number of Anna's ex-drummers threatens to match the number of former members of The Fall (i.e. half of Manchester), Anna takes delivery of a drum machine.

Jajaj this is hilarious   :D

MrCricket

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »
She's currently between "The Fall" and "Spinal Tap" on the drummer front

Petefrombristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »
But so far, I hope, neither Dan nor any other former drummer has met with freak gardening accidents....