Author Topic: You know you're an Anna Calvi fan when...  (Read 4005 times)

MOZZ

• View Profile
Re: You know you're an Anna Calvi fan when...
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 01:59:09 AM »
I'm currently working on a graphic novel that not only is influenced by many off Anna's songs, I've modelled my female lead after here. Is that too much?

Elisa

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 12:47:03 AM »
I went to GAP just because of her, I had dinner in a roman restaurant just because she mentioned it in a interview. I was near to cry two days ago when I was working in a marriage with 8 crazy kids, only because they were britalian, born in London, and musicians.
"Had I not seen the Sun, I could have borne the shade. But Light a newer Wilderness my Wilderness has made."
                                                 Emily Dickinson

Petefrombristol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 02:21:50 PM »
I went to GAP just because of her, I had dinner in a roman restaurant just because she mentioned it in a interview. I was near to cry two days ago when I was working in a marriage with 8 crazy kids, only because they were britalian, born in London, and musicians.

Now, the GAP thing and the Roman restaurant thing I understand (and the first I too am guilty of), but, surely, we need to know more about the Britalian family!

Elisa

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »
Ok. My family isn't rich. But we have a beautiful villa in the middle of Rome. So, we do marriages and other events. I go there to help (because they pay me).
Sometimes I try to be an entertainer for children. I have to play with them, and, at the same time, be sure that they don't destroy ancient things or not throw themselves into the fountain.
Last saturday I discovered that the children were britalian. They live in London, they study music, they don't speak italian at all.
A boy aked me "May I play the piano for you? I did ABRSM exams" I said yes, but I was sure that he is going to play a simple piece. He didn't! I did ABRSM exams too, but he played better than me!
I thought about Anna all the time. It's official, I have a problem.
"Had I not seen the Sun, I could have borne the shade. But Light a newer Wilderness my Wilderness has made."
                                                 Emily Dickinson

Petefrombristol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 09:44:43 PM »
Thanks for explaining that Elisa! Hmmm, this family weren't called Calvi by any chance? Anyway, maybe it's only a problem if you want to be cured of it....

shoegazer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 12:48:59 AM »
...When you pick up a Fender Telecaster you only play songs of Anna :D