Author Topic: Anna's Gear  (Read 13157 times)

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Anna's Gear
« on: January 06, 2014, 07:56:13 PM »
All credit belongs to Christy and Sandra for identifying these:

Guitars (2013 tour):
American Standard Telecaster ‘97 (?) – “It’s not from a particularly cool year, but it’s a great guitar.” What interview was this from? I vaguely recall her saying something like that, and in that interview she also says what year it’s from.
Gretsch Baritone Jet (G5265)
Classic Series ’72 Tele Custom (with what looks to be a tinted gloss on the neck, more so than the website model)

Other guitars that have had the privilege of being touched by her skilful hands :P

In Cheap Hotel:
Some sort of Stratocaster – Possibly MIM? It also looks like someone has put in a custom bridge pickup.
Gibson 50th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Custom

Used for Wolf Like Me during first tour:
Standard Tele in Butterscotch with flame maple neck? I don't know the specific model...
Telecaster Thinline 2012

Live at Somerset House, 12th July 2012:
Jaguar HH Blacktop

Unidentified Telecaster in 2010

In the Cherry Brakewells:
Schechter Blackjack ATX C-1 in white (I don’t think it’s this exact model, but it’s quite similar. This seems like such a strange choice for Anna to make that I’m led to believe that she probably just borrowed it).

Live performance of Heart of Nowhere, with Noah and the Whale:
Classic Series ’72 Tele deluxe in black (I think it’s a slightly different/older model, because the current one on Fender's website has a different headstock).

Mally’s guitar for I’ll Be Your Man:
American Standard Telecaster in sunburst (a newer model than Anna’s, which luckily hasn’t been abused quite as much).

Pedalboard (2013 tour):

Crowther Audio Hotcake Overdrive (made in New Zealand - we finally did something good for music)
T-Rex Roommate Reverb
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Plus
Boss Chromatic tuner
Mesa Boogie Tone Burst

Gigman pedalboard

Pick: Dunlop Jazz III sharp (red).

Does anyone know the model of the cream Telecaster that was sighted during the recording of One Breath at Black Box studios?

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Anna's Gear
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:01:52 PM »
I think the other Telecaster Anna is using for this tour is the Fender American Vintage 72 Telecaster Custom in Sunburst.

I was trying to work out how her one had a darker neck than the Classic Series one, then I found this which seems to match hers perfectly. Unfortunately it is double the price of the Classic Series :(

http://www.rainbowguitars.com/guitar/fender/american-vintage-72-telecaster-custom-sunburst/0100042800/fe

electriclight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:16:37 AM »
I think you're absolutely right! I can't think of anything else that matches better. And if you look closely in the Love of my Life live video, you can see on the headstock that there is the curly writing beneath 'Telecaster' that looks the same as the way 'Custom' is printed on the American Vintage Telecaster (though I guess the Classic Series Tele also has that same sticker, so it's not very helpful information). I'm so glad you found the right model :)

PLan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 08:04:56 AM »
Here is the interview about the year (97)... but she's not sure... (omg, how that woman asked her and said stratocaster...)
http://www.soffa.tv/ruisrock11raportti/annacalvi.html

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »
Can anyone help me identify a pedal on Anna's old pedalboard (2011)?

Bigger image here: http://i.imgur.com/o0y4Wiz.jpg

So she had the:
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus
T-Rex Room-Mate (x2)
TC Electronic Vintage Tremolo
Crowther Hot Cake
Boss Chromatic Tuner TU-2

Anyone know what the other Boss-looking pedal is?

electriclight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 08:20:10 PM »
I've been having a look at other white Boss pedals... I think it's likely to be either a Digital Delay or a Line Selector. It could also be a Noise Suppressor or a Dynamic Wah, but they seem less like the kind of pedals Anna would have a use for. It looks so weirdly similar to the tuner pedal.

I don't think we'll know for sure because of that stupid cable hanging right across the knobs - I'm trying to see if they're coloured in the same way as either the delay or line selector and it doesn't seem likely. What a mystery!

Suds

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »
I think it's probably another TU-2, because it looks like it (especially the back) and the first one isn't plugged at all, like the 2nd T-rex room mate, it's a backup
I guess it's easier for the tech to replace it fastly when it's around?

Speaking of gear, I took a (bad) picture of Anna's pedalboard two months ago, and the hotcake overdrive was replaced by a "double" hotcake overdrive

Pic : http://imgur.com/xVBEMhp
Yay

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 02:14:30 AM »
just when i get a hotcake :'(

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 05:32:54 AM »

She's added a new pedal to her pedalboard... I'm thinking this, unless anyone has any better suggestions?

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 04:29:41 PM »

This is her set up from 2 weeks ago in London.
You are probably correct.

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 04:33:56 PM »
Hmm the one in London looks like she was using this one, but the new photo looks like it has white buttons. I'm not sure if it's different or just the lighting...

EDIT: Never mind, they are definitely different.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:37:00 PM by moulinette »

Michael G

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 04:42:13 PM »
I am no expert in this sort of thing, so I cannot help anymore. Perhaps she is experimenting with different models ?

Just found this, if its any help
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:48:13 PM by Michael G »

Suds

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 11:36:14 AM »
That's the LS2,  the yellow sticker on it makes it confusing, but it's definitely the line-selector.
Yay

Louise

• My bark may be worse than my bite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 08:39:14 PM »
http://annacalvi.tumblr.com/image/115210630127

Experts here please, what kind of guitar is Anna 's new girl? Can't read the name, is this a Moog?  Anyway, somehow sexy shape it has, perfectly matching with Anna  :P.
Mox nox.

anika

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 09:39:05 PM »
Seems to be a Squier by Fender Jazzmaster J Mascis Signature guitar. I'm curious what sound she's going to create with it.