Author Topic: Face of GAP?  (Read 7874 times)

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Face of GAP?
« on: January 16, 2014, 07:28:04 AM »
The guy who tweeted it works for the Gap, so I guess there is no reason to think this wouldn't be true, because it's just so random thing to make up otherwise.

Omg I am so excited for Anna. This is like the biggest thing ever ahh. Get that paycheck.

Thoughts?

Lady Tchaikovsky

• View Profile
    • Cloaca Maxima
Re: Face of GAP?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:24:57 AM »
Is Gap a clothing line or something? I've never had anything from them. Are they any good or is Anna doing it because they're popular? And what's Breaking Bad? I'm sorry I'm so clueless. : (

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 08:35:59 AM »
Is Gap a clothing line or something? I've never had anything from them. Are they any good or is Anna doing it because they're popular? And what's Breaking Bad? I'm sorry I'm so clueless. : (

It's a really huge clothing brand. Probably one of the biggest in the world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gap_Inc.

They definitely are like the epitome of Anna's casual style though, so I don't find it weird that she would model for them.

Breaking Bad was a TV show that finished last year and is considered to be one of the best TV shows of all time by both critics and viewers.

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 08:43:11 AM »
Well the dates fit because Anna was in NY then on tour...

Lady Tchaikovsky

• View Profile
    • Cloaca Maxima
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 08:55:20 AM »
Turns out I really do live in a bubble... Not that I'm shocked to discover it. Anyway, I'm curious what the pictures will be like!

MrCricket

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 07:32:12 PM »
Well I popped to Gap at lunchtime but there was no sign of Anna! It's basically high street fashion your Ladyship; I've bought jeans from there a few times as its quite reasonable! Not high fashion but the sort of stuff people actually wear. Good for her I say! I've done worse for money put it that way...

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 08:29:28 PM »
The campaign should come out mid Feb, so I guess we will see if it's true then.

Petefrombristol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »
MrCricket: "I've done worse for money put it that way..."

Can we have details: times, places, other participants etc etc?

MrCricket

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 05:45:12 PM »
MrCricket: "I've done worse for money put it that way..."

Can we have details: times, places, other participants etc etc?

I was the face of Littlewoods *shudders*

Petefrombristol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 09:40:35 AM »
MrCricket: "I was the face of Littlewoods *shudders*"

By a curious coincidence, I was The Face of Rent-o-Kill for several years. You probably wouldn't recognise me though. But they did let me keep the rat costume.

moulinette

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 03:59:54 AM »
For what it's worth, I managed to find the unreleased photo of the kid from Breaking Bad's Gap campaign (someone in marketing posted it on their Facebook), so half the tweet checks out then. So I guess if it's real, it will just be in this simple style...

Petefrombristol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »
For what it's worth, I managed to find the unreleased photo of the kid from Breaking Bad's Gap campaign (someone in marketing posted it on their Facebook), so half the tweet checks out then. So I guess if it's real, it will just be in this simple style...

Looks like he's in need of a good fettling to me. I'm sure Anna will not be photographed wearing a pair of scruffy jeans looking like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards. OK, now I'm sounding like my mother....

Lady Tchaikovsky

• View Profile
    • Cloaca Maxima
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 05:51:16 PM »
Looks like he's in need of a good fettling to me. I'm sure Anna will not be photographed wearing a pair of scruffy jeans looking like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards. OK, now I'm sounding like my mother....

I sound like your mother most of the time, then... I've seen Anna wear torn jeans twice, but I really hope it doesn't mean she's going to look like the Breaking Bad guy in these promotional shots. His clothes are bland, boring, and not even remotely classy. I really don't know what the point of looking like everybody else is, and this is apparently what this shot advertises.

Petefrombristol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 06:28:10 PM »
[quote author=Petefrombristol link=topic=83.msg545#msg545 date=1390396596
sound like your mother most of the time, then... I've seen Anna wear torn jeans twice, but I really hope it doesn't mean she's going to look like the Breaking Bad guy in these promotional shots. His clothes are bland, boring, and not even remotely classy. I really don't know what the point of looking like everybody else is, and this is apparently what this shot advertises.
believe me, Lady T, you don't. Actually, that was more like my mother-in-law. I absolutely agree. Anyway, I don't believe Anna would look like everyone else, even in torn jeans. When I've seen photos of her in jeans and hoodie or sweatshirt she still looks exquisite!

MrCricket

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 07:15:18 PM »

I sound like your mother most of the time, then... I've seen Anna wear torn jeans twice, but I really hope it doesn't mean she's going to look like the Breaking Bad guy in these promotional shots. His clothes are bland, boring, and not even remotely classy. I really don't know what the point of looking like everybody else is, and this is apparently what this shot advertises.

Lol clearly you aren't familiar with gap...